About

History

San  Jos Hospital , Pavaratty  was established in 1949 by St. Vincent De Paul Society of Parish. It was started as a clinic in a rented building. It is to be remembered with gratitude that our late Arch Bishop Dr. Joseph Kundukulam took the initiation for the beginning of the Hospitals while he was Asst. Vicar at Pavaratty. In 1952 it had it own building of 6 rooms. One year before (1951) the supervision of the hospital had been handed over to the Rev. Sisters of Carmelite Congregation (CMC). Now from 1989, Rev. Sisters of Adoration Congregation are in charge. In 1970 the Parish Shrine took over the management and the hospital became San Jos Parish Hospital. Till then it was known as Vincentian Hospital. In the year 1999 San Jos Parish Hospital celebrated its Golden Jubilee. In 1994 a Nursing School has started in this Hospital.

In 1949 a dispensary started in a 4 rented rooms in Olakkengil Building, as Vincentain Dispensary. A native of Chittattukara motive Dr. C.K. Chummar was the first doctor appointed in the dispensary. Later under the persuasion of Late Dr. Joseph Kundukulam Dr. C.T. Simon has joined in the hospital for free treatment. In 1952 under the able guidance of then Asst. Vicar Rev. Zacharias Pududssery Dispensary has shifted to their own 6 room building. This is the present OP Section of San Jos Hospital. In 1962 another storey was added to this building. In 1970 this Vincentain Dispensary was handed over to Pavaratty Parish and renamed as San Jose parish Hospital
Departments.

FOUNDERS

Founder Members of the Hospital :-

Shri. A.L. Thomunny (Late)
Shri. O.M. Kunjuvareed (Late)
Shri.A.P. Thavunny Master (Late)
Shri.Thaikkattil Chakku Master (Late)
Shri.Edakkalathur Kochappan Master (Late)
Shri. E.K. Paul Master (Late)
Shri. Vadukkoot Louis (Late)
Shri. E.D. Jacob
Shri. O.L. Pavunny
Shri. A.D. Kuriakkos (Late)